Friday, April 4, 2008

Finally...My Mazda3


Well folks, it actually happened! I got my car I have been "jones-ing for" for nearly 4 years! I absolutely love it! I originally wanted the color Titanium Grey. When I brought it home from the dealership for a test drive Bethany took it for a spin as well, when I saw her come around the corner I though to myself "man she looks hot in that black car" (oh and fell in love with the way the slick Midnight Black color reflected the cool dusk colors of the late evening). Consequently, I (obviously) made the purchase, with as of yet...no regrets .
It's only a V4 but has quite a bit of power a little after 3000 rpm's, so much so that it throws you back in your seat just a little. I still get really good gas mileage, not as good as my CRX, but I will trade this for the gas mileage anyday!
I had my stereo stolen out of my CRX 5 different times in the 10 years that I owned it, but the last time I never replaced it. I went without one for about 2 years, so having a stereo to listen to on my 40 min. commute to work every day is a huge plus. My CRX was only a 2 door 2 seater, it is very nice to have room now so that if I need to I can take more than just one person with me now :)
I'm pretty sure Bethany also likes the new ride. I hear "Is it okay if I take your car?" I don't want that to sound negative because it is not. I don't mind if she drives it, well only if I don't want to wash it, of course. In the 2 months that I have owned the car, it seems like it has either rained or snowed every other day, making it virtually impossible to keep the sucka' clean. That being part of the reason why this post is so late, I could not get pictures of it quick enough, it would rain or snow before I had a chance.

Well, I've come to the end of this little post. I am grateful to Bethany for all the patience she had with me during the last 4 years of nagging about seeing this mazda3 or that mazda3. I think I just about pushed her to the breaking point a few times, she probably thought she was married to a 6-year-old begging for a new toy. Lucky for me she is a loving wife who can put up with having one extra child in her family.
Sorry, I did not have time to vacuum the inside. Plus i don't think the picture does the inside justice, the inside is black with red and the photo makes it look grey.

This is one of my favorite parts of the car. I think the gauges are AWESOME! They look even better at night with the grey circle on the inside having a blue illumination. Well, I think that is it for now, I hope y'all enjoy the pictures. Make some comments and tell me what you think. Peace out and word to your mom dude!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your car is hot! I do love when when I get to drive it. I'm glad that all of your wildest dreams have come true. Love ya sucka

Wendi and Matt said...

sweet ride!

Brian and Lorna said...

so i didn't get a chance to tell you what a great car you've got. love the interior. kinda miss the CRX a little thought. was thinking the other day of that song that bethany and i changed the words to - 'porkbutt trippin but its alright' you know what i'm talking about!